Choosing from among the very best surgeons
There’s a very good reason why surgeons enjoy near-universal respect: It’s very difficult to secure admission to medical school, graduate with distinction and complete a multi-year residency that tests the limits of human endurance. However, there’s another level of certification that not all surgeons and clinics have attained: accreditation. As you prepare for your procedure, learn why it’s important to select an accredited surgeon and facility.
What Is an Accredited Facility?
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, an accredited plastic surgery facility is one that meets “strict national standards for equipment, operating-room safety, personnel and surgeon credentials.” Although many plastic surgery facilities are now accredited, it’s important to understand the key distinction between accredited facilities like the Austin Plastic Surgery Center and their non-accredited counterparts.
Benefits of an Accredited Facility
There are several important benefits of an accredited plastic surgery facility, including:
• The rate of serious complications is less than 0.5%
• The overall mortality rate is vanishingly small at one in 57,000
• Accredited facilities may be less costly than inpatient facilities like hospitals
Benefits of an Accredited Surgeon
Accredited surgeons like Dr. Sergio Maggi tend to practice at accredited facilities. There are a number of benefits to receiving plastic surgery from an accredited surgeon, including:
• They typically employ trained staff members who regularly evaluate and adjust patients’ conditions
• They have earned the respect and admiration of their peers, including other accredited surgeons
• They and their core staff members have been trained in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) principles
• They have hospital-grade equipment and supplies on site to handle potential complications without requiring a costly and potentially dangerous transfer to another facility
• They adhere to strict, thorough emergency plans of action in the event of patient deterioration or transfer
Austin Plastic Surgery Center: Body Shaping and Breast Enhancements in Austin, Texas
Once you’ve made the potentially life-changing decision to obtain plastic surgery, you need to choose a surgeon with years of experience as well as the full confidence of his peers. At Austin Plastic Surgery Center, we’re completely committed to providing access to the most respected professionals in the business and ensuring that your procedure has a high probability of success. To learn more about what we can do for you, call us at (512) 345-3223 or fill out our online contact form.